The ASSA ABLOY 'openings' suite of software tools are used for creating, visualizing, extracting, modifying, and exporting door, frame and hardware 3D models and product data for use throughout the design, construction, and facility management processes. These data rich objects include pricing and specifications, as well as link-outs to other supplemental information such as catalog and technical sheets, installation and maintenance instructions, and LEED and life cycle performance documents. Web-based, the Openings Studio software application integrates seamlessly with Autodesk Revit® Architecture.
Link to 3D Design Portal
Network Camera System Design Tool
AXIS Design Tool helps you estimate bandwidth and storage needs for your surveillance project. For each camera in your project, you can pick a scenario, and select viewing, recording and compression options to get bandwidth and storage estimates that match your surveillance situation.
Link to System Design Tool
ID Card Security Assessment Tool
How secure is your card identity program? In an era of widespread counterfeiting, highly portable information and serious threats from both outside and inside organizations, new security requirements have emerged. And they're not always obvious. Find out how your program rates by using the simple ID Card Security Tool below. It asks between 10 and 14 questions, depending on your industry, and it only takes a couple of minutes. Based on your results, we'll give you custom recommendations for taking your cards and card identity program to the next security level.
Link to ID Card Tool
Power, Battery, and Voltage Drop Calculators
LifeSafety Power offers a series of useful calculators to allow proper analysis of low voltage requirements, as follows:
- Ohms Law Calculator - Battery Size Calculator
- Battery Capacity Calculator - Wire Size Calculator
- Voltage Drop Calculator - FlexCalculator Suite
Link to Calculators
Codes and Compliance
Links to Codes and Regulations applying to doors and accessibility; State codes; UL and more.
Link to Code and Compliance
Disk & Bandwidth Calculator
On-line Disk & Bandwidth Calculator for exacqVision. Variables for cameras, resolutions, recording rates, compression type (MJPEG, MPEG-4, H.264). Generates system configurations. Print and Save functions.
Video Camera Lens Calculator
Video Lens Calculator allows simulation of monitor view or floor area view, based on imager size, lens focal length, camera height, foreground distance, and background distance. Links to other available calulators for Honeywell products.
Link to Lens Calculator
Wireless Design Resources
Suite of wireless radio design tools, including:
- System Operating Margin (SOM) - Calculates the system operating margin which is the difference between the signal a radio is actually receiving versus what is needed for good data recovery.
- Free Space Loss - Calculates the free space loss which is the transmission loss between two antennas.
- milliWatts vs. dBm - Converts milliWatts to dBm and dBm to Watts.
- Downtilt Coverage Radius - Provides the downtilt coverage radius by taking half of the beamwidth in each direction of the downtilt angle from the height of the antenna.
- Antenna Downtilt - Calculates the distance or tilt angle by providing the base height, remote height and either title angle or distance.
- Fresnel Clearance Zone - Calculates the radius of the fresnel zone at its widest point as well as 20% blockage by providing the distance and frequency.
- Latitude/Longitude Bearing - By providing latitude and longitude of a base and remote site it will provide the degrees from each site and distance in miles.
Link to Wireless Tools